Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

when something arrives damaged...

(3 Posts)
nannyl Mon 12-Sep-11 15:38:32

i bought something on ebay on 27 Augast.
It was posted 30 Aug (but seller missed out a crucial line on the address) so has been in and out of the postal system until it arrived today. (and has clearly been delivered to 2 other addresses first, one of whom has re-packaged it)

Last week the sellar offered a full refund, but i said id wait a few more days, just to see.
Anyway it has turned up today with a big split in the side. (sold as hardly used as new condition)

It will cost £4.50 to send back... (I paid £4.50 + £4.50 p&p for it)

Should the seller pay me the P&P to send it back?

The sellar seems completely reasonable, and has kept in touch etc, i just want to be sure that I am being fair too....

OR i could make do with it, but would not have paid £4 if i knew it was split.... do you think its fair to ask for £3.50 back?

twotesttickles Mon 12-Sep-11 21:38:40

Yes the seller should pay P&P to send it back. Ask if she will send £3.50 back. Most will. Willingly.

fergoose Mon 12-Sep-11 21:48:48

you can ask for the return postage - but you can't enforce the seller to pay it.

If you do send it back send it with a signature like recorded.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now