Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Auction ending in 10 minutes...

(14 Posts)
mogs0 Sun 11-Sep-11 21:04:26

I have been the highest bidder all week but I just know I'm going to get outbid in the last few seconds. I've wasted far too much time already this week checking the listing and my bid status. I' now wasting time on mn until the auction ends grin.

dizzyday07 Sun 11-Sep-11 21:05:43

Keeping everything crossed for you.

I've been the same trying to buy a vintage hand crank sewing machine - but I won one for the totally bargain price of £10 and I go collect it tomorow!

Maisiethemorningsidecat Sun 11-Sep-11 21:07:28

Let us know how you got on smile

Just how much adrenalin is flowing at the moment Mogs??!

Honeydragon Sun 11-Sep-11 21:08:39

hold your nerve add your max in the last 6 seconds wink

OldLadyKnowsNothing Sun 11-Sep-11 21:09:09

Use a sniper?

mogs0 Sun 11-Sep-11 21:40:51

Arse, I got outbid! I increased my bid to higher than I'd should have then it went £10 over that. I wouldn't have wanted to spend as much as the highest bidder paid so not the end of the world!

Honeydragon Sun 11-Sep-11 22:00:05

What were you after? <<nosey>>

Can we google you a bargain one?

mogs0 Mon 12-Sep-11 01:08:40

I want an abc adventure buggy. The one I was bidding on was a single with a reclining second seat that goes on top. I want to put the reclining seat at the front then buy a static toddler seat to go on the top. you can only get them shipped from NZ and would cost approx £1500 new!!!

There is another one on bin, not in as good a condition but a lot cheaper.

I'm thinking I should get rid of the hoard of prams I already have lurking behind my front door before I invest a small fortune on another.

Honeydragon Mon 12-Sep-11 07:28:17

grin have you tried looking at pick up only and contacting the seller direct? Sometimes if you offer them a little extra to cover packing they'll let you send a courier to collect, you can often get a good deal?

aswellasyou Mon 12-Sep-11 11:08:31

Ooooh, I didn't know you could put the reclining seat on the front-I thought it was a different seat you had to get. Have you looked at ones with a double reclining top seat as well or do you need it to be really narrow? I've been keeping an eye on these too. I don't need one but I love the idea of them. grin

aswellasyou Mon 12-Sep-11 11:22:00

Have you seen this one? Or this one? Or this one?

thisisyesterday Mon 12-Sep-11 11:23:37

mogs..... i have an abc buggy which i might be selling.

single, with a static seat on top.

I have a feeling you can't put the top seat on the front though, the holes are at the wrong angle?

mogs0 Mon 12-Sep-11 11:34:10

There is a different adaptor to attach it to the front which, bizarrely, costs less than the static adaptor. It is rear facing when it's on the front which I thought might provide more room for the child in the main seat.

I don't think the double top seat would fit through my front door and that is my main requirement at the moment. Also, I'm not sure I could cope with people constantly asking if it was safe - which is bound to happen, particularly where I live, everyone's got an opinion and they aren't afraid to voice it!

I already have a phil and teds and a double mountain buggy (currently on eBay) so don't really need it but I have 3 small children one day a week at the moment and thought it'd be a good investment and would mean I could get rid of all the other buggies - although, not sure if I could part with the bugaboo!

I can make do with what I've got at the moment by adding a buggy board for the one day I have 3 children but I will keep looking until I find what I want!

mogs0 Mon 12-Sep-11 11:36:57

Thisis - I type far too slowly!!

I'd be looking to purchase an extra seat anyway as I want the reclining seat on the front and a static on the top. Please let me know if you do decide to sell it.

Is it as fabulous as I think it is? I seem to spend half my life looking at all the films of it on YouTube!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now