Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Arghhh, always my luck!

(10 Posts)
CoffeeGoneColdAgain Fri 02-Sep-11 13:04:30

Won 'Biscuit the Dog' on ebay last week, £40 + £10 p&p.
Arrived 2 days ago, wrapped in a bloody bin bag with its nose and mouth sticking out.
Bought new batteries for it yesterday as the ones that were in it didn't work, £10 on duracel d batteries.
Insert said batteries and the darn thing doesn't work! Very obviously incorrectly packaged, and very obviously broken as nothing happens when its switched on!
I rang Hasbro to check if I was doing everything I should be, the lady said it certainly sounds like its broken as it should start to whine as soon as its switched on!
I contact seller and say its not working and they apologise almost immediately, ask me to try the batteries again etc etc, which I did.
Contacted her again and she said to open a case as she doesn't want to be out of pocket and neither should I???
Duly open a case of broken item, and have to wait now until the 9th, Amazingly she has disappeared and now not replied to the case, she is going to make me wait now isn't she and hold out for as long as possible! What should I do other than wait? Anything/nothing?

fergoose Fri 02-Sep-11 13:10:21

you will have to wait to escalate then ebay will probably tell you to send it back tracked, then they will refund you.

And make sure you leave neg feedback too once it is finished.

CoffeeGoneColdAgain Fri 02-Sep-11 15:02:41

Thanks Fergoose, Honestly I should C&P her reply, amazing how she can reply to the messages straight away but is going to ignore the case until its time to escalate it! So if and when I send it back will I get a refund on the cost of the p&p or will I have to stand that extra cost?

fergoose Fri 02-Sep-11 15:53:16

you will have to pay the return costs, but you will get your £50 back. you must send it with a signature, either recorded or courier as you will need proof of delivery.

as the item is faulty the seller should refund your return postage costs, but you can't enforce that.

CoffeeGoneColdAgain Fri 02-Sep-11 16:06:54

Oh ok, so I can send it via courier as im sure that would be cheaper than RM as it was £10.34 to send it to me, Thats a bad lot if I get stung on postage isn't it! Note to self be more choosy when buying on ebay! Thanks again Fergoose. smile

dizzyday07 Fri 02-Sep-11 16:54:13

I had a duvet set arrive once that had pen marks all over it. The seller wouldn't respond so I opened a dispute with them. They didn't reply to it and I got my refund without having to return the item to them!

CoffeeGoneColdAgain Sat 03-Sep-11 08:54:48

Dizzy, did you open a dispute with ebay or paypal? someone said earlier that if she doesn't respond I will get a refund anyway but wont need to send it back,

dizzyday07 Sat 03-Sep-11 09:25:25

I think it was with Ebay - as I'm sure Paypal refer you back to Ebay when you open a dispute with them!

fergoose Sat 03-Sep-11 09:51:38

if you open a dispute with ebay and for the resolution bit tick the box which says other, then write in the box beside it refund you won't have to send it back, and ebay will give you a no fault refund which means ebay give the money, seller keeps the money, you keep the item.

CoffeeGoneColdAgain Sat 03-Sep-11 10:09:51

Fergoose & Dizzy, Thanks for the info, smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now