Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

seller wants me to pay outside of ebay, wwyd?H

(8 Posts)
suzym1984 Thu 01-Sep-11 17:04:28

Hi,

I won an item on the 20th august and paid straight away via paypal. A few days later I got a message from the seller saying that she had cancelled the payment as she had entered the wrong email address into her paypal account, and could I pay her using a different email address in paypal.

Ive never known this to happen, so I logged into paypal and clicked to pay another address, but it flashed up saying that this was not recommended and redirected me to ebay. So I messaged her and said that I couldnt and she woulod have to update her account with the correct details.

Anyway, she has emailed me today telling me to just pay her different paypal account. I dont even need the item anymore as it has taken so long. What can i say in response?

ragged Thu 01-Sep-11 17:06:17

Dodgy!
Does she have lots of good feedback?

GalaxyGuzzler Thu 01-Sep-11 17:08:03

I would ask for the whole purchase to be cancelled if you no longer need the item. message the seller back and and state to accept the oringinal method of payment or to cancel the transaction.
I would be leaving negative feedback as well

suzym1984 Thu 01-Sep-11 17:15:50

Thanks! not sure about her feedback, but as it was 2 weeks ago I dont even want it anymore! Quite annoying when I paid immediately, and she doesnt seem to realise that I dont want to pay a different acount.

So is it ok to ask her to cancel the transaction? About a week ago I asked her if she could update her paypal and she has ignored that!

LoonyRationalist Thu 01-Sep-11 17:20:58

Are you emailing through ebay messaging? If not send an email today stating that you have paid only to be refunded. You are willing to pay again to the paypal address on her ebay account or wish the transaction to be cancelled.

If the communication so far has been through ebay then message again stating you will only pay through ebay, she either accepts this or cancels the transaction.

You need an ebay communication trail for when you ultimately have to report her to ebay.

fergoose Thu 01-Sep-11 17:36:42

I agree - I wouldn't trust the seller at all to be honest. She can add the correct email address to her ebay and you can pay her again through ebay to the right address. But as it is now too late she should cancel the transaction.

If she tries to start a non paying bidder dispute against you give them the paypal transaction number to prove you've paid, otherwise you won't be able to leave her a negative feedback warning other buyers.

MizzyTizzy Thu 01-Sep-11 19:46:23

I did this yesterday...in my listing I got my dot co dot uk's mixed up with my dot com's at the end of my email addy for payment. blush

To save my buyer any more grief than already caused by my lack of attention to detail and the winning bid being only 99p...I sent the item anyway.

To me it was easier to send the item free of charge than mess my poor customer about with another Paypal payment.

As a buyer though if anybody asked me to pay for anything outside of the ebay checkout process then a resounding - Nope...would apply...I like ebaying and wouldn't want any future ebaying threatened by rule breaking.

sarahtigh Mon 05-Sep-11 18:25:50

only exception do not use paypal if collecting item in person, if you pay then go round and they don't have it not a leg to stand on when yo raise dispute they say you collected it, if selling do not accept paypal as they can pay turn up and collect it and then say to ebay where is my item as paid by paypal get refund, also insist on inspection so no not as described claim later.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now