Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

WWYD - combined postage offered but there was no saving

(8 Posts)
latrucha Thu 01-Sep-11 14:14:49

I have just sold two lots of clothes to the same lady and I offered combined postage in my original advert. She paid straight away (before I could send an ammended invoice with a new postage price). She then emailed asking for a combined postage reduction. I have now posted the bundle, but there was no saving as the bundle was so heavy. She paid £7.75 postage and it cost £7.62.

I feel obliged to offer her a saving but there wasn't any. What would you do?

fergoose Thu 01-Sep-11 14:17:49

tell her what it cost you so you can't offer her a refund

if she paid separately you should post items in separate parcels, not all together.

latrucha Thu 01-Sep-11 14:22:28

Well perhaps, but there wouldn't have been any saving that way if there were any to be had. Sometimes if you put two things together, the postage is the same, so offering combined postage works out nicely. Not this time though.

latrucha Thu 01-Sep-11 14:22:53

Thanks for your post though!

queenebay Thu 01-Sep-11 14:26:21

You could have got a courier for £5

latrucha Thu 01-Sep-11 14:27:15

I can see why you are queenebay. I'll remember that another time. smile

fergoose Thu 01-Sep-11 14:27:51

sorry, I don't think you understood me - irrelevant of the price paid, if the buyer sends 2 separate payments you have to send 2 separate parcels, if they pay for both items together you send them together in the same parcel - that is the rule with paypal. smile

latrucha Thu 01-Sep-11 14:30:22

I see. I didn't know that. Thanks for spelling it out for me.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now