Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Received a damaged item - wwyd?

(5 Posts)
BootyMum Sun 28-Aug-11 19:29:36

I bought a wooden toddler bed guard, it was a Buy it now item and was listed as brand new in box, undamaged, etc. However today when I opened the box I discovered that it has a dent on it so I suspect it may be a factory second. Box and packaging seems to be intact and so I don't think it was damaged in transit.
I was thinking to contact the seller to let them know but was wondering what would then happen? For example am I responsible to pay for return postage - as it is a largeish wooden item it may be quite pricey postage...

MadamDeathstare Sun 28-Aug-11 19:43:44

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

fergoose Sun 28-Aug-11 19:50:56

they should pay the return postage costs, but there is no way you can enforce this

BootyMum Sun 28-Aug-11 19:52:47

Thanks Madam, I think I would be happy with a partial refund as bed guard is fine to use but has been cosmetically damaged. And it wasn't particularly cheap, only around £3 cheaper than if I'd bought it brand new on amazon.

Does the seller normally suggest a partial refund or does the buyer? How much off would be fair?

I think I would probably be happy with £5 - £10 off [item was £30].

Thanks for your reply by the way!

MadamDeathstare Sun 28-Aug-11 20:09:36

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now