Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Watched items

(5 Posts)
Thefoxsbrush Fri 26-Aug-11 18:29:50

How many people normally 'watch' your items. I just wonder what's normal/good.

fergoose Fri 26-Aug-11 19:06:48

honestly - I have no idea what normal is!

I've had 15 watchers and 1 bid, and 3 watchers and 20 bids.

I have learnt that a high number of watchers doesn't mean lots of bids, often watchers are rival sellers, buyers who just want to watch an item to remind themselves about it in the future, or sometimes they just change their mind.

I sometimes wish you couldn't see number of watchers as it can get your hopes up having lots, then you are disappointed when you get no bids.

aswellasyou Fri 26-Aug-11 19:07:26

It is really variable. I've had 19 watchers on an item that only got one bid hmm but sold things for a lot more than expected with only 3 or 4 watchers. I reckon I usually have 3-8 watchers per item but, as I say, it is massively variable depending on the item.

SilkandSteel Sat 27-Aug-11 11:48:20

Agree I don't think the number of watchers bears any relation to if an item sells, IME. I often watch items if I am planning to sell an item the same or similar to see how well they sell and for what kind of price, but no intention of actually bidding on them.

Billmelater Sun 28-Aug-11 01:16:25

I often watch an item when it is clearly overpriced, so I will see when it is relisted at a more realistic price.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now