Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

So... what does 'great condition' mean? Should I complain?

(4 Posts)
Billmelater Tue 23-Aug-11 19:37:41

Bought an item of clothing for DD that was listed as in 'great condition'. So it arrives, and it's clearly an item that has been worn & washed many times. It's perfectly wearable, but was also obviously very loved by the previous owner!

I interpreted 'great condition' and 'lovely' as meaning it's used, but doesn't look like it's been used a lot. This looks, ya know, used.

So should I register my disappointment with the seller? Or was my interpretation of 'great condition' too optimistic?

memphis83 Tue 23-Aug-11 19:39:55

Great condition to me means like new, if it doesnt look new I would put in a good but used condition, I would register your disappointment with them even if its just so they dont make this mistake again.

ragged Tue 23-Aug-11 19:40:58

gray area... sounds like a euphenism for "Not bad condition considering we've had it 6 yrs and it's been worn freqently by 4 different children"

I'd only complain if paid more than 8 quid or so? Mark down on stars, otherwise.

Billmelater Tue 23-Aug-11 21:17:23

It cost less than a fiver. I'm not going to neg feedback her. More, as memphis suggested, to let her know to be more careful about her descriptions.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now