Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Buyer trying to return different item

(9 Posts)
Honeypie80 Mon 22-Aug-11 09:17:59

Buyer bought a pair of shoes from me, primark size 6, worn them twice. i bought them, wore them twice, and they were fine when i sold them. She took almost 2 weeks to pay, not answering my emails etc, then gets in touch to say she is an air hostess so cant always answer emails right away but will pay soon when she gets back to britain.

Finally paid, i sent them last thursday, friday evening i get an email asking me if i accept returns as i have said they are a size 6 and they are a 5. I know myself they are a 6 i would not have got my feet into a 5 esp. from primark. i havent replied yet but what can i do, surely she could just open a dispute and id be forced to refund anyway, for something i havent sold!

BunnyWunny Mon 22-Aug-11 09:27:16

She's trying it on obviously. Bet she bought a 5, found them too small, bought a six from you and now wants to return the 5 for a refund. Cheek. Is the amount worth bothering with?

ragged Mon 22-Aug-11 09:29:49

Does she mean that they fit like a 5, does a Primark 6 come up small?

HeIsSpartacus Mon 22-Aug-11 09:30:50

Do any of the photos of the shoes show up the sizing? Can you zoom in on your photos and see? Primark I seem to recollect have the shoe size in a circle on the inside, bang in the middle and also on the sole (stamped in european sizes) - surely it will be obvious from the photos what size they are.

Flipping cheek of the woman. I would tell her you are happy to send photos of the shoes showing the size to the ebay dispute people if she wants to open a dispute.

fergoose Mon 22-Aug-11 09:31:34

They are marked as a size 6 and your auction photos show this?

ok send this.

dear buyer

sorry you are not happy with the size 6 shoes I sent you. I am confused you state they are a size 5 as they are clearly marked as a 6.

Please return them to me in the exact condition they were sent to you, and I will check the security markings before issuing you with a refund.

If they have been worn I will be unable to refund you and will have to return them to you

Many thanks

seller

the buyer doesn't know whether they are security marked or otherwise

insanityscatching Mon 22-Aug-11 09:32:47

Does your listing photograph show the size? If it does I'd refuse to accept a return.

Honeypie80 Mon 22-Aug-11 15:12:00

Ah ha!!! Thank youall, i checked the listing pics and couldnt find one but knew id taken a pic of the inside of the shoe, after going through my deleted pics i have found it, she even opened a case this morning, how cheeky, cannot wait to hear her response now! thanks again

stressheaderic Mon 22-Aug-11 15:22:37

Keep us updated with her response, what a cheek.

Honeypie80 Tue 23-Aug-11 17:13:36

H he, no reply to my email but case was closed this morning!!! 1 to me 0 to cheeky buyer!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now