Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Anyone recommend a UK wide courier they've used for ebay?

(10 Posts)
AmyStake Sat 20-Aug-11 15:38:57

I'm going to be listing a keyboard tonight. Its 100cmx40cmx18cm and weighs 15kg! I'm trying to find a UK wide door to door courier, preferably not next day, who won't charge the earth for sending it.

Because I don't have a recepient address yet I'm having a hard time trying to get a quote, I found anyvan.com but it needs a recepient address and the few websites I have found want receipient addresses as well.

Can anyone recommend a good courier they've used? I'm in Greater Manchester.

Thanks smile

AmyStake Sat 20-Aug-11 15:39:32

Oops forgot to mention, I did get a quote from a website that I didn't realise was a subsidary of TNT.. £330. hmm

Honeydragon Sat 20-Aug-11 15:45:19

I rate highly p4d, on your spec they've quoted
£6.99
£8.99
or
£10.99

vat on top, and its a little more for insurance over £50

AmyStake Sat 20-Aug-11 16:10:31

Oh thank you so much, that is perfect. Just what I'm looking for.

But as I can't get an absolute quote on a courier until I know the sellers postcode, how much should I put the courier price for on ebay? confused

Honeydragon Sat 20-Aug-11 17:10:41

have a look on completed listings , see what others have charged, and what they've sold for. I guess £10/£12 would cover charges and not put off buyers.

80sbabe Sun 21-Aug-11 20:26:28

I find Interparcel.com good to get a variety of quotes from different companies. You don't need a recipient address to get a quote and you'll get a range of delivery options too.
On the info you've given they would deliver it on a standard service from as cheap as £5.85 + VAT.

Theyremybiscuits Sun 21-Aug-11 20:28:06

Interparcel are excellent.

dizzyday07 Tue 23-Aug-11 16:53:59

I sold a keyboard back in May. I used Parcel2Go. I think I charged £20 for the postage as it has extra insurance added to it

CaringForPod Wed 24-Aug-11 17:26:06

I use my hermes when sending bulky stuff, not had a problem yet and fairly cheap

AmyStake Sun 28-Aug-11 23:44:00

Well the keyboard went for the grand sum of £1.04 so I'll check out what the prices including insurance are at P4D.

I'm just wondering how to pack the bloody thing. Do I put it in a cardboard box? Just wrap it in loads of bubblewrap? Seller has paid by e-cheque so got until 5th September to sort out packaging!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now