Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

What actually happens when you report someone for non payment?

(6 Posts)
UpsyDaisyDo Thu 18-Aug-11 12:29:45

I sold some furniture recently on ebay. 3 pieces were sold to the same bidder. He contacted me on the day the auction finished asking for details of collection. I replied straight away and that was the last I heard of him!

I've gone through the process now and relisted the item. ebay says its issued a non-payment strike against this seller but if I view the profile I can't see anywhere that his records is less than perfect.

Has ebay gone a bit soft on non-paying buyers?

fergoose Thu 18-Aug-11 12:32:52

I think you need a certain number of non paying strikes over a certain period to lose your account, either temporarily or permanently. I thought it was 3 in 6 months but I could be wrong.

fergoose Thu 18-Aug-11 12:33:33

Oh and you can't tell by looking at a buyers account if they have the strikes, they are not visible.

UpsyDaisyDo Thu 18-Aug-11 12:49:20

Has it always been like that fergoose? So someone can have perfect feedback (as this buyer did) but mess sellers around once the auction has finished and no one will know? Thats rubbish imo! (can you tell I'm annoyed? angry)

fergoose Thu 18-Aug-11 13:03:00

As a seller change your settings, you can block bids from buyers who have had a certain amount of strikes, so even if non payers don't lose their account they will be unable to bid

Buyers will lose their account if they repeatedly don't pay for items, but so many sellers don't bother with non paying disputes some will always get away with it.

Make sure you add the buyer to your blocked bidder list too.

UpsyDaisyDo Thu 18-Aug-11 13:28:26

Thanks fergoose. I'll have a look at that now.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now