Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Issuing partial refunds for combined postage

(6 Posts)
navyblueknickers Thu 18-Aug-11 11:41:44

On my listings I say that I am happy to combine postage where possible. I've had loads of combined sales but some of them wait for an invoice and some don't. I'm going to go through my shop listings and add a line to say about waiting for an invoice - but I have over 200 listings so it's going to take some time - I also need to put international postage on at the same time due to the new Ebay regs.

To protect my feedback I have been refunding some of the postage when people do this, but there's been 4 this week and I'm starting to get worried (and irritated!)

My question is, will Paypal penalise me for all these refunds?

We have a credit card machine for our main company and I know that we get some extra benefits as we do not have many chargebacks etc, so I'm worried that paypal have similar policies. I've searched their website but cannot find anything.

Thanks

fergoose Thu 18-Aug-11 11:50:07

no they won't penalise you for partial refunds - you're not doing anything wrong refunding overpaid postage.

navyblueknickers Thu 18-Aug-11 12:08:52

Thanks Fergoose, that's good to know, but it is a bloomin nuisance having to faff about doing them

fergoose Thu 18-Aug-11 12:35:27

why don't you refund the incorrect payments and then send a combined invoice for the correct amount for all the items.

I thought the whole point of combined is you get 1 payment thus saving paypal fees, and of course packaging by sending items in same parcel

If you are receiving 2 payments you aren't saving on the paypal fees at all, and if you get 2 separate payments aren't you meant to post the items separately.

navyblueknickers Thu 18-Aug-11 14:37:23

I hadn't thought about the Paypal fees. I've been tempted to post seperately but I don't want to damage my ratings and think that people may mark me down on the stars if I'm not helpful.

fergoose Thu 18-Aug-11 15:17:37

refunding an incorrect payment and sending a cheaper invoice is always helpful - if you explain to a buyer what you are doing I don't see why they would mark you down for it smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now