Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Should i complain? item not as described? what would you do?

(9 Posts)
Marne Mon 15-Aug-11 19:39:08

Bought a boden top for dd2 on e-bay, item was desribed as 'used but clean', top arrived today and has a few stains down the front (but faint stains), i only payed £3.20, is it worth complaining?

I buy a lot off of e-bay but rarely get any problems. I also sell a lot of the dd's clothes on there and would not describe something as 'clean' that had stains down it.

whomovedmychocolate Mon 15-Aug-11 20:43:36

Well it's not clean, contact the seller and object - if they don't refund partially make a paypal claim.

fergoose Mon 15-Aug-11 21:02:00

it is against eBay rules to send out dirty items - they are meant to be freshly laundered

Marne Mon 15-Aug-11 21:19:49

Feroose- , i think it had been washed, just stained (looks like chocolate stains).

I have e-mailed the seller to say i'm disapointed with the condition. I would be happy with a parcial refund as its not worth sending back (paying return postage) and dd2 could wear it to play in in the garden.

CocktailQueen Mon 15-Aug-11 21:23:53

This has happened to em in the past and sellers have usually just refunded everything - it's betetr for them as it avoids possible negative feedback.

fergoose Mon 15-Aug-11 22:01:21

yes fair enough, but if the seller had mentioned the stains you wouldn't have bid as much as you did probably ?

I hope the seller is decent

I had a top last week that smelt so bad that even the dog sneezed at it - and my seller claimed it was freshly washed, it went straight into the bin, made me feel ill!

breatheslowly Tue 16-Aug-11 10:44:02

I had this with a boden top. The seller just refunded the whole thing and let me keep it. I think that the seller was trying it on selling it with stains and probably just sells lots of stuff like this but works on the basis that if only a small % of people complain they are still making money. Just ask for a refund.

Marne Tue 16-Aug-11 10:57:50

Thank you, i e-mailed the seller and they refunded me and let me keep the item, seller said their teenager had listed the items for her and forgot to put that there was a stain hmm, i am happy as i have my money back, i know its easily done to miss thing when you are listing and i have messed up a couple times smile.

whomovedmychocolate Tue 16-Aug-11 17:19:39

Glad it all worked out. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now