Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Offered buyer a second chance offer - now I can't revise the price. Help please!

(8 Posts)
peggyblackett Sun 14-Aug-11 08:30:21

I offered someone a second chance offer on an item I was selling. We negotiated the price to be £20 less than her original bid. However, I can't seem to revise the invoice.

I don't want to charge her the full amount, even though she will be paying cash, as i will get stung for extra eBay fees. How do I do this please?

fergoose Sun 14-Aug-11 10:40:50

you can't amend it - the second chance offer is for what she bid so you can't change it later.

horsemadgal Sun 14-Aug-11 13:08:09

Can't you just do it off ebay if it's a cash purchase? Naughty I know!

fergoose Sun 14-Aug-11 13:13:37

too late if the second chance offer has been sent and accepted

horsemadgal Sun 14-Aug-11 13:16:19

Can't you cancel transaction like on a normal auction?

peggyblackett Sun 14-Aug-11 19:45:57

I will send her a mail. Will see if I can cancel it, and do it without the 'help' of eBay. eBay fees seem ridonculously expensive these days.

Thanks both smile

fergoose Sun 14-Aug-11 20:07:10

it is against ebay rules, if the buyer forwards your email asking to cancel to avoid the fees to ebay they could suspend your account

horsemadgal Mon 15-Aug-11 00:31:15

Doubt she would though if it means she saves £20. Though you take your chance obviously.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now