Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Should I leave feedback?

(8 Posts)
suzym1984 Fri 12-Aug-11 12:23:44

Hi!

Goy myself in a bit of a predicament and would love some advice please. I bought a collection only item 2 weeks ago, it was described at new and unused. Anyway, I went to collect the item and was a bit wary as the neighbourhood was quite scary. Wish I'd just driven off but the woman was waiting in the garden for me. Anyway, The house looked a bit unclean and I felt really anxious. she had her boyfriends there too so felt a bit intimidated (altho they were nice and not threatening at all really!). Anyway, when I got the item home it was dirty, smelly and just horrible so I drove it straight to the tip!

Now she has messaged me asking to leave her feedback and I am unsure what to do/ Obv I feel responsible for other people buying from her, but I also feel like its unfair for me to leave negative as I paid cash on collection (so as seen) and then didnt give her a chance to rectify (item smelled really bad so just wanted it out of my car/house).

What would you do?

fergoose Fri 12-Aug-11 12:43:10

yes do leave negative feedback - but you shouldn't have bought the item if you weren't happy. Contact seller first to see what they say.

what was it to smell so bad?

suzym1984 Fri 12-Aug-11 12:59:27

I know, I should have just checked it and said no thanks, but they looked quite scary so I just paid (wasnt expensive) and got out of there fast.

It smelled of smoke really strong, but also foisty, and it was a baby item with yellow stains on (ewwww) so possibly wee (yukkkk). I honestly just wanted rid so threw it in the skip and want to forget about it! haha

I dont really want to get into a dispute with her, especially as I no longer have the item. but I also want to warn others!

Entirely my fault for being gutless :-(

fergoose Fri 12-Aug-11 13:36:06

well you can still leave a negative if you want to - don't let fear stop you doing it. The whole point of it is to warn other buyers.

how much was it and how did you pay

suzym1984 Fri 12-Aug-11 15:25:27

It was £10 and I paid cash. I think i will leave neutral and just say something like "item not new as described" then future buyers will hopefully read into that. Does that sound ok?

fergoose Fri 12-Aug-11 16:00:41

to be honest I would leave a neg, if it was that filthy and it went straight in the bin you wasted a tenner and received rubbish. I think a neg is warranted.

Say item very dirty and stained, went straight in the bin. Wish I had refused it.

Or something.

Have you emailed the seller saying you are not happy?

cheesesarnie Fri 12-Aug-11 16:03:06

yes but the next buyer could pay alot more than you did for something off this seller.id leave neg and state the facts.not new,dirty and now in dump.buyer beware.

suzym1984 Fri 12-Aug-11 17:48:59

yes you are right, it does need to be a negative!

Thanks for the advice. Now I need to grow a pair be brave!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now