Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

WWYD about this irritating non-collecting non-communicating buyer who has paid?

(6 Posts)
DitaVonCheese Wed 10-Aug-11 20:20:57

Sold a chest of drawers on 23rd July. I'd mentioned in the listing that I'd be happy to deliver locally for a small fee, but tbh I meant about five miles and expected anyone who wanted it delivered to contact me to ask how much it would be beforehand.

Anyway, lady won it and contacted me asking how much it would be to deliver to her and gave me a postcode 20 miles away. I said delivery would be £20, based on 50p a mile but also the fact I had just given birth to DS on 24th July and really didn't want to be making an hour round trip.

She said she thought it was about 9 miles and asked me to supply her with my postcode. Since then I haven't heard from her and am really fed up of having this bloody chest of drawers still hanging around (though not fed up enough to make the trip).

Thing is that she bloody paid me via Paypal so now have no idea what to do. I feel as though it's her chest but just in my house. I've contacted her a number of times asking for a response but got nothing back. Am hoping it's not too late for a second chance offer.

Anyway, rambling now blush but wwyd? Second chance offer? Refund or wait for her to ask for her money back? Chest sold for just over £40 if that's relevant.

milkshakejake Wed 10-Aug-11 20:45:10

I would be tempted to cancel the whole thing and relist. Even if she wants to come and get it now, she'll probably be stroppy which won't be fun for you. Or, email her one last time warning that you will offer it to the 2nd chance bidder if she doesn't contact you by, say, tomorrow evening. Then cancel and re-offer, if no takers then relist. I bet she thought it would cost less to have it delivered and she's got no way of collecting it.

said Wed 10-Aug-11 20:48:31

When was the last time you actually heard from her? Could she have gone on holiday? I'd leave it for 2 weeks after last contact and then relist if that's the Ebay protocol

Ihatetidying Wed 10-Aug-11 21:13:37

You could refund her - but she can still leave negative feedback & you will have to pay your FVF's, and your paypal fees - unless she agrees to a mutual. She can also open a dispute for non-performing seller, so try again to get her on side and agree to a mutual.

By the way, if selling a collection only item, it's advisable to only agree to cash on collection; even if she paid for you to deliver, and you did, then you'd have NO proof that she received it, and paypal would find in her favour - so you'd end up out of pocket & minus the item

DitaVonCheese Wed 10-Aug-11 21:22:45

Last heard from her on 26th July. Normally I'd ask for cash on collection - in fact did in this instance - but as she hadn't heard from me (since I was a bit busy giving birth) she paid by PP to avoid bad feedback for non-payment.

Thanks for the replies.

fergoose Wed 10-Aug-11 22:05:34

refund her and relist. if you refund via original paypal transaction you get those fees back anyway

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now