Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Negative or neutral feedback?

(20 Posts)
Cleverything Wed 03-Aug-11 16:05:41

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

scurryfunge Wed 03-Aug-11 16:09:15

I think if the seller has offered to refund it then you can't be too harsh with the feedback. Could you ask if she will meet you half way with the postage cost?
i would leave feedback along the lines of " item not as described but immediate refund offered". People can read between the lines then.

fergoose Wed 03-Aug-11 17:33:45

I'm sorry but the seller is wrong! You are entitled to a full refund, but you would have to return it at your expense signed for - is it worth the cost of 2nd class recorded to get all of your money back.

Sorry - but sellers like this make me so cross! They have no right to refund item price only and keep the rest! angry

i vote negative, as seller is trying to pull a fast one. Just don't mention dispute in feedback or it will be removed.

scurryfunge Wed 03-Aug-11 17:37:54

Sorry, I read this that the seller was going to refund all but postage.

fergoose Wed 03-Aug-11 17:43:54

sorry Scurry not having a go at you! i hear of so many sellers trying to worm out of their obligations in this way and it makes me so cross! And people just accept it as they know no different.

Cleverything Thu 04-Aug-11 07:58:58

fergoose Thu 04-Aug-11 09:49:47

yes if you want the stars to count you have to use them, not leaving anything on the stars does not count as zero. If you want to leave bad stars you have to mark them as 1.

Cleverything Thu 04-Aug-11 20:56:57

fergoose Thu 04-Aug-11 21:21:24

make sure you open not as described dispute and return it tracked

Cleverything Thu 04-Aug-11 21:48:27

Cleverything Thu 04-Aug-11 21:51:16

fergoose Thu 04-Aug-11 22:06:30

this is the trouble isn't it - an item is either new or it isn't - like new is subjective and could mean anything.

Yes I do mean open a case in the resolution centre - then you input the tracking info and get your money refunded in full properly. The seller also gets a strike against them too.

Cleverything Mon 08-Aug-11 10:36:42

fergoose Mon 08-Aug-11 11:58:14

you have escalated the case with ebay and inputted the tracking info?

Seller has requested your phone number then? this is quite normal, some do this. You can request the number of anyone you are in a transaction with - you agreed to this when you signed up with ebay.

Cleverything Mon 08-Aug-11 12:03:55

TheMonster Mon 08-Aug-11 12:13:15

Do leave negative feedback though!

fergoose Mon 08-Aug-11 13:53:07

i agree about the neg feedback - I would also ask for the seller to refund you the postage you spent returning the faulty item.

Cleverything Mon 08-Aug-11 14:47:49

fergoose Mon 08-Aug-11 15:22:06

no don't mention refund or dispute or anything like that

I would say

Not as described, damaged and not new. I am left out of pocket.

and 1 on the stars.

Cleverything Mon 08-Aug-11 15:58:30

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now