Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Can I have neutral feedback removed?

(14 Posts)
HuntForGalaxyHazelnut Tue 02-Aug-11 10:26:31

Hello All,

I'd like some advice regarding having some neutral feedback removed.

I recently sold a DVD, the auction had the picture of the DVD cover, the DVD name ('Life is Beautiful'), and i also put in the barcode number so ebay automatically filled out the DVD information (actors names, year, synopsis of film).

A buyer bought the item, paid and i posted it to them. However i have just checked my feedback and the buyer has left me neutral and written "Not the sellers fault but i thought the film was about the Jewish war".

Am i entitled to have this comment removed? If they had read any of the information on the auction then they would know what the film was about, and they have actually written "not the sellers fault".

Thanks for any advice you may offer!

fergoose Tue 02-Aug-11 11:39:17

no eBay won't remove it, but you could as the buyer to revise the feedback, and can of course write a follow up

sorry you were mistaken, please contact me to arrange return for a refund.

or suchlike

HuntForGalaxyHazelnut Tue 02-Aug-11 12:10:18

Thank you for your reply. The DVD was brand new and unopened, obviously the buyer has opened it and watched it, so i don't want to refund the money because i'll only be able to get a fraction of the amount if i sell it again.

Could i message them saying something like "i am sorry the DVD wasn't what you expected, however i described it accurately and posted it promptly. Would you be willing to revise your feedback to reflect this as your current feedback reflects badly on me as a seller and, as you noted in your original feedback, this misunderstanding wasn't my fault."

Or do you think i'm better off just accepting this neutral feedback rather than risking antagonising the buyer and them revising their feedback to negative? It's so hard to know what to do. And it really goes against my sense of fairplay that they didn't bother reading the auction, yet i will have a grey mark against my feedback!

fergoose Tue 02-Aug-11 12:52:00

you can only try - I think if you are polite that will be fine. I think they were daft to write that in their feedback - as long as your follow up is polite and decent it will show you in good light.

80sbabe Tue 02-Aug-11 22:15:54

Oh dear - I think most sellers have had one of these at some point or another. They seem to think the feedback is intended to review the item not the quality of the seller.
There isn't anything you can do unfortunately except be grateful that you are on an intellectually higher plane grin

As Fergoose recommends - leave a sensible and polite follow up.
One neutral will not affect your ratings at all, in fact it may do others a service by alerting them to the numpty buyer and allowing them to block him / her wink

Tryharder Wed 03-Aug-11 00:10:56

I am an excellent seller with 5 stars on most categories but even I have had a couple of neutrals from quite barking buyers. I would just add a polite response such as "really sorry to learn that you did not like the film" or similar. Your response will say a lot about you as a seller.

HuntForGalaxyHazelnut Wed 03-Aug-11 10:47:53

Thanks for your support everyone!

I messaged the buyer and politely asked them to revise their feedback. They replied saying that they would change it because it wasn't my fault, however they haven't done this yet.

I will just let this go rather than chasing them up again. The neutral comment shows that i am completely blameless so hopefully this wont put other buyers off!

Thanks again!

fergoose Wed 03-Aug-11 11:35:00

did you send them a feedback revision request - otherwise they may not know how to do it

pages.ebay.co.uk/help/feedback/revision-request.html#when

HuntForGalaxyHazelnut Thu 04-Aug-11 09:26:36

Thanks for that link fergoose

I sent them a feedback revision request, however they haven't changed it yet. You have been a great help. Thank you.

fergoose Thu 04-Aug-11 09:45:43

I hope they do change it for you

I have buyer from hell at the moment, non payer, I opened case on day 4, she then left me neg saying not as described, and then opened a not as described case saying top was dirty and stained. I replied to the neg that as she hadn't paid or received it how would she know?

I wonder if I should respond, please return item you have not had for a full refund of what you have not paid.

Some people are just trouble makers unfortunately sad

MizzyTizzy Thu 04-Aug-11 11:01:35

Hi fergoose

I think that because you opened a non paying bidder case, Ebay will remove her feedback for you.

If it was me I'd email Ebay asking for the feedback to be removed firstly because the buyer is a NPB and secondly neg' feedback without receipt of goods is malicious.

Got to be worth a try anyway.

fergoose Thu 04-Aug-11 11:21:08

Yes they will remove it once the non paying bidder case is closed. I have mailed ebay to ask them to remove it - thanks

Unfortunately some people are just vindictive aren't they

BertieBotts Thu 04-Aug-11 11:23:13

The neutral will drop off after a year, but up to that I wouldn't worry. If a seller has less than 100% feedback I always go and read the comments anyway, they tell you quite a lot.

MizzyTizzy Thu 04-Aug-11 11:28:39

Yes they are..I had a neg once because the lady's bum was bigger than she thought, she bought some shorts from me.

I got a neg' because her item didn't fit...even though I put accurate measurements in my description and umpteen photos...but unfortunately no size label pic' as proof of the shorts size.

Ebay wouldn't remove the neg' either...they said she was entitled to her opinion.

So now all my listings for clothes have a pic' of the size label. Crazy!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now