Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Does anyone have any tips for selling an item of furniture?

(4 Posts)
headfairy Mon 01-Aug-11 13:06:27

I've never put furniture on ebay before. Does anyone buy anything that has a collect in person delivery instruction on it? Should I leave a much longer sale time to allow more people to see it? Is there something else I should do? I've had a couple of bedside tables on for a bit now and not a sniff so far. I'm wondering what I've done wrong.

fergoose Mon 01-Aug-11 13:14:35

yes buyers will buy collect only items, but I guess it depends where you are and how desireable an item it is. At the end of the day it is down to luck of someone local wanting an item, but many will travel if they really want it and the price is right.

summer can be quiet for selling - maybe try again in the autumn.

If you sell collection only make sure you only accept cash, never accept paypal for a collection item as buyer could pretend not to receive an item and claw back the money.

tethersend Mon 01-Aug-11 13:16:13

Have you got a link to them?

headfairy Mon 01-Aug-11 14:40:02

here you go tethersend

Thanks for the top tip re cash fergoose, I'll amend my listing accordingly.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now