Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Who leaves feedback first?

(7 Posts)
JudysDreamHorse Mon 01-Aug-11 12:34:45

I've just sold my first two ebay items and posted them off this morning recorded delivery.

Should I leave feedback for the buyers first (both very prompt payers)? Or should I wait to see if they are happy with the items first? I was wondering if leaving them feedback first might make them more likely to give me good feedback back and I'm keen to get some seller feedback now I've started.

Thanks.

fergoose Mon 01-Aug-11 13:11:58

there are no rules, is entirely up to you.

I always leave feedback once an item is posted, some sellers wait until they have received feedback before leaving theirs. I don't think it makes much difference as to whether buyers leave you any - many buyers don't bother leaving it regardless of if you have left it for them, and as a seller I never ask for it, as some buyers take offence to sellers asking for feedback and may leave feedback you don't want.

TalkinPeace2 Mon 01-Aug-11 15:23:40

in the good old days - seller
now that sellers can only leave positives - buyer

sixlostmonkeys Mon 01-Aug-11 17:10:47

In order to leave accurate feedback it is best to leave it at the end of the transaction. A seller leaving feedback for a buyer once they have paid can give misleading info for other ebayers should the buyer turn out to be a pain. Once a seller knows the buyer has received the item and is happy, the transaction can be seen to be at the end and so feedback can be left.

JudysDreamHorse Mon 01-Aug-11 17:52:07

Thanks for the replies. I think I'll wait a few days and make sure all is well.

Kitty0608 Tue 02-Aug-11 18:55:28

I mostly buy from ebay & always leave feedback once I have received an item even if the seller hasn't yet left feedback. I think it is out of politeness to at least let the seller know you have at least received the item.

melyeo Sat 06-Aug-11 10:12:15

When I sell I always wait for the buyer to leave feedback 1st, that way if they have a problem with the item or it doesnt turn up you can resolve the problem before they leave bad feedback which cannot be removed. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now