Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Bought item two weeks ago and seller page says they are on holiday

(5 Posts)
LawrieMarlow Mon 01-Aug-11 08:37:01

Don't think there is anything I can do but am a bit annoyed. Bought an item on 17th July BIN. Would definitely have noticed if it said the seller was away and looking at other items it flashes up on the item page if they are. I am assuming they went away on the 18th but it is frustrating still waiting.

Hopefully they're not going to be away all summer - how long should I wait before doing something (given that if they are away presumably they wouldn't be able to do anything anyway).

LoonyRationalist Mon 01-Aug-11 08:48:51

I think you have been quite patient already. Do their other items now state that they are on holiday? Have you contacted them at all?
I would email to say that you paid for the item over 2 weeks ago - can they let you know when you will receive it.

LawrieMarlow Mon 01-Aug-11 08:59:45

They now don't have any items for sale although if I look at the item I have bought the notice that they are away pops up (if that makes any sense).

Haven't contacted them but will do now - suppose they will probably have email contact where they are. Hadn't realised it was this long until I actually worked it out blush

LawrieMarlow Mon 01-Aug-11 09:02:48

Have now contacted them and it says "The member is away. You can expect a response when the member returns" so who knows when I'll get anything grin

LawrieMarlow Mon 01-Aug-11 18:11:35

Just discovered a parcel that the postman left in an (empty) recycling box outside. Could have come at any time in the past few days or even up to a week or so blush. Will get in touch with seller.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now