Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Potential buyers wanting a Buy it Now price? How does this work then?

(3 Posts)
Meglet Sun 31-Jul-11 21:46:44

I've had a few people ask me for a But It Now price for a bike I'm selling.

Is it true that I can't offer them a BIN price if there have been any bids on the item?

Not sure it's a good idea anyway TBH. Does anyone have any experience of doing it. I have loads of watchers so the odds are it's going to go for a good price.

fergoose Sun 31-Jul-11 21:58:33

It's up to you. You can add a buy it now price, but you would need to cancel any bids first.

If you have plenty of watchers it may be worth waiting for auction to end, but watchers don't always mean bidders.

Your choice really - I guess it depends what a buy it now buyer would offer you for the item and if you think you could get more letting the auction run.

roguepixie Sun 31-Jul-11 23:18:38

As fergoose said ... completely up to you as long as you have no bids on it. As soon as a bid goes in the buy it now is void. Also, you will incur a small charge to have a buy it now price so, if you have a lot of watchers and feel confident that you will sell it then you may not want to incur that cost.

Sounds like your potential buyer is just really interested however, in my experience of someone really pushing for a buy it now is often someone who knows the real worth of the item.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now