Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Buyer won item and paid for it, now 6 weeks later they say it is fake!

(9 Posts)
angelcake99 Sat 30-Jul-11 19:19:18

I sold a Burberry purse 6 weeks ago, buyer paid straight away, but didn't leave feedback. Now they have opened a dispute saying that the purse is not genuine and they want their money back.

I know the purse is genuine, it was from a staff sample sale some years ago, it was kept in perfect condition in the box. the box has some numbers on it, I have recommended the buyer ring Burberry and verify the numbers with them to confirm the purse is not a fake. But she has repeated she wants her money back.

What can I do? I am so worried, the money has been spent and Paypal have put my account minus x amount (*price of purse). Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

fergoose Sat 30-Jul-11 19:36:49

You will have to ask the buyer to send it back

Tell them you know it is genuine, but please send it back when you will check your security markings, and will then refund

This will hopefully prevent them from switching the purse and sending one back which is not yours.

piratecat Sat 30-Jul-11 19:38:32

absolutely. they have to send it back they can't have their purse and eat it!

weird it's taken 6 weeks.

Honeyfuzzycat Sun 31-Jul-11 00:43:35

Same thing happened to me, someone brought a Gucci bag from me, and then about 6 weeks later emailed and said they had taken it to a Gucci shop and it was a fake. I ignored it and never heard from them again. I just wonder if it is the same person and it is a scam, does the ebay users name begin with a 'T'and end in '1970'?

angelcake99 Sun 31-Jul-11 01:17:32

Thanks for the advice. Honey no the buyer isn't the same one. Could be a scam though, you just never know.

smellimelli Sun 31-Jul-11 21:17:16

I had similar with a prada top. I knew it was genuine and told them this and as such I wasn't prepared to refund etc as it was as described. Never heard anything back. Stand your ground!

fergoose Sun 31-Jul-11 22:00:36

if the buyer has started a dispute with paypal a seller cannot refuse a return. But if the buyer doesn't return it by trackable means the dispute will close and the money returned to the seller.

It just depends on whether the buyer is prepared to return the item to the seller. And of course hopefully the buyer returns the item which was sent, and not try to return a different, maybe fake, item.

angelcake99 Tue 02-Aug-11 12:01:26

I am trying to stand my ground but as you say Fergoose Ebay always favours the buyer in these circumstances. I also want to ensure i do get my purse back and not another one too.

fergoose Tue 02-Aug-11 12:55:01

I know - is the buyer going to send it back then? Did you reply saying you wanted to check your security markings first?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now