Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

weird bidding on my item

(7 Posts)
SeymoreButts Fri 29-Jul-11 09:09:11

I don't sell much on ebay so this might be normal...

I'm selling a twin pushchair (umbrella fold, nothing flash) that my DCs have outgrown. There are 3 days left and I've had about 15 bids already, mostly from users that have joined Ebay on the day they bid (so no feedback history). It's making me suspicious!

LynetteScavo Fri 29-Jul-11 09:10:55

Very strange.

Maybe it's a very special kind of pushchair without you realising. I think we need a link.

HairyJo Fri 29-Jul-11 09:13:21

That does sound odd. You can set up your listings so it doesn't allow people with no feedback score to bid.

JarethTheGoblinKing Fri 29-Jul-11 09:29:20

Definitely need a link smile

Does sound a bit suspicious though..

SeymoreButts Fri 29-Jul-11 09:56:09

I'm a bit reluctant to post the link because I don't want to join up my mumsnet and ebay Ids... maybe just goes to show I am paranoid! It's only on about £20 now and it really is a basic pushchair. I've listed as paypal only so I can't see how anything untoward would happen. I mentioned it to my mum and she said "don't let them pick up from the house then." Agh!

fergoose Fri 29-Jul-11 10:20:48

If you think a bidder is suspicious add them to your blocked bidder list and their bids will be removed.

if they do pick up insist on cash only, if you are posting the item ensure you get signature (use courier) and only ship to registered paypal address.

jimswifein1964 Mon 01-Aug-11 08:46:29

Weird. But maybe yours is the only one on ebay in a 5 mile radius at the moment? Or maybe you've mispelled something and everyone is now assumiong its a really exclusive model or something?!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now