Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

What do i do in this situation?

(6 Posts)
TheRealDarkMavis Thu 28-Jul-11 13:20:29

Hi

I am an ebay dunce novice.

Bought pair of jeans described as 14R with 30" leg length.

Recieved today. Tried on. Fit ok, but a bit long. Notice label on jeans says 14 Long. Measured leg length - 32". Oh dear.

So item not as decribed, and unusable as such.

What do i do? Only cost £4.49 total. Do i just leave it? But I am almost a fiver down with an unusuable pair of jeans.

Seller has 100% feedback score for over 1000 transactions so obviously doesn't make a habit of describing incorrectly.

Also, bottom of one leg has mud on it!!! Ugh!!! But i guess they weren't described as clean! grin

Any help much appreciated!!!

BikeRunSki Thu 28-Jul-11 13:24:00

Contact thel seller and say that goods were not as described, 32" leg not 30" leg. A good seller will refund the cost and P&P, possible even return postage.

TheRealDarkMavis Thu 28-Jul-11 15:36:13

Okay great, i'll try it.

Wasn't sure if i should just leave it, but it's clearly an error.

Thanks for your help. smile

BikeRunSki Thu 28-Jul-11 16:46:03

Good luck! smile

80sbabe Fri 29-Jul-11 00:07:44

Could be that they just made a mistake in dispatch - if they are a business seller with lots of pairs in different sizes this could be plausible.
Mind you, it still doesn't excuse mud on them.

Contact the seller and see how they proceed.
Let us know how you get on, but as Bikerunski says a good seller will accept a return and refund any costs for you or will accept the return and replace for the correct size without any extra postage being charged.

thisisyesterday Fri 29-Jul-11 00:09:39

yep, what pp says about returning them, although normally you won't get your return postage back

that said they were only £4.49 and if you particularly like them dry cleaners usually do an alteration service... i wouldn't have thought it would cost much to get them taken up a couple of inches?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now