Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Can you open a dispute if the seller won't refund postage?

(9 Posts)
TragicallyHip Tue 26-Jul-11 22:25:56

Won a sample designer bra but the sizing is completely wrong! The label states the size on the description given but after measuring it there is no way it's that size. Plus I can't breathe in the thing.

Seller has said they will refund bidding amount out of goodwill but not the postage as it was not faulty. Can I open a dispute for incorrect description to get back all monies? I think she is taking the piss. Hardly my fault she has the wrong size up!

I have not replied the last email stating she will not pay postage. So what can I do?

fergoose Tue 26-Jul-11 22:36:13

yes you can open a dispute to get all your original money back, but not the return postage, you will have to return it recorded at your own expense.o

TragicallyHip Tue 26-Jul-11 22:39:53

Really? bastards!

fergoose Tue 26-Jul-11 22:45:40

a good seller will refund your return postage costs - but unfortunately it is not enforceable.

TragicallyHip Tue 26-Jul-11 22:46:55

This seller is being difficult! can I still leave bad feedback?

fergoose Tue 26-Jul-11 22:50:26

yes of course, and if you want them to have 'bad' stars make sure you leave 1st or 2s, if you don't leave anything for the stars they don't count as anything, so if you want them to have a neg effect on the seller you have to leave low stars.

Don't mention dispute or paypal in your feedback as it can be removed.

TragicallyHip Tue 26-Jul-11 22:53:20

Ok thanks. Should I reply and tell them if they don't refund delivery I will open a dispute or just do it?

fergoose Wed 27-Jul-11 09:01:50

is up to you - i don't think your seller sounds like they are going to be very helpful. At least if you are returning it postage shouldn't be too pricey for lightweight item - just make sure it goes recorded delivery.

TragicallyHip Wed 27-Jul-11 11:40:38

Yeah you're right she is not helpful and very reluctant to refund which makes me wonder if she knew there was something not right about the item. This was a 2nd chance offer sent to me and I nearly ignored it, wish I had!

I sent a message to say if she was not willing to refund original postage then I will have to open a dispute to claim it back.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now