I pulled the listing (yes I know naughty) as buyer offered a very good price and could collect today. Have just had a message though asking if I'll take fifteen pounds less than they originally offered as they are travelling over and hour to pick it up.
I guess that's my comeuppance for trying to avoid ebay fees.
Anyhoo do I tell them no chance and relist it or go with their offer. I have no idea if i'll get more or less than they are offering but I did have quite a few watchers.
if a buyer collects you should never accept paypal, you are opening yourself up to fraudulent buyers taking your goods, then pretending not to receive an item and clawing back all of their money - so always take cash for collection items.
Without online proof of delivery, ie recorded signature, you would not have a leg to stand on with an item not received claim with paypal.
I always wait until the buyer has collected the item I've cancelled the listing for. That way, if they change their mind for some reason, I don't have to relist. Then I just cancel the listing afterwards.
she may give neg but what could she report you for - refund her and tell her cash on collection or nothing - one strike from ebay won't make you lose your account. you would be more upset losing your item and the money.
If she gives you a neg just reply with non paying bidder - it is only a red dot on a website.