Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Buying postage via Paypal

(12 Posts)
prisonerofazkaban Sat 23-Jul-11 20:22:46

I've always bought and printed my postage from paypal but whenever I received something I've bought on Ebay it always has stamps etc from post office. Am I missing something? It's so convenient to print the label with postage on why doesn't everyone do it?

JoyceBarnaby Sat 23-Jul-11 20:57:07

Excellent question! Sorry not to offer an answer - just bumping because I want to know too!

aswellasyou Sat 23-Jul-11 21:42:57

I have no idea how to do it, but even if I did, I don't own a printer! Lots of people use their phones to eBay things so presumably printing would be difficult. Does it count as proof of postage though?

starrychime Sat 23-Jul-11 22:29:45

I never print the label as I'm worried I wouldn't pay the correct amount - I don't own scales so have been estimating postage from looking at other items for sale and have been pretty accurate so far, but I like to go to the PO and get it weighed.

prisonerofazkaban Sat 23-Jul-11 23:07:58

I'd never thought of poeple not having a printer/scales (most people have scales in their kitchen. right??). I'll just keep doing it the way I have been. It's so easy and saves time.

prisonerofazkaban Sat 23-Jul-11 23:17:07

It doesne't count as proof of postage but it makes the itema as dispatched on Ebay and prints a certificate of post for you to get stamped at PO.

aswellasyou Sat 23-Jul-11 23:25:07

If you still have to go to the Post Office to get a stamp, I'd just do it all there anyway to be honest.

sixlostmonkeys Sun 24-Jul-11 10:36:34

As you still need to go to the PO to get your pop stamped I say it's way better to actually let the PO have your business. The PO is still handling your parcels yet not getting the full amount for them as they would if you were actually buying the postage from them.
This kind of thing could contribute towards a PO being closed down - this is why many refuse to use paypal for their postage.

MorticiaAddams Sun 24-Jul-11 14:27:55

I do it for the same reason as sixlostmonkeys.

Many Post Offices are closing down and doing this just gives them a workload without making the money and I don't think it's fair.

Meglet Sun 24-Jul-11 14:33:01

I always buy it on-line via the paypal / royal mail website. It counts as proof of postage when I get it stamped at the post office. I just weigh it on my electric scales so I get the weight correct.

I've never had a dispute with a buyer, I wonder if it's because they can't muck me about as they can see it's a paypal stamp and I will have proof of postage. Or it might be luck. Whatever it is it's working. Saves me having to use cash too.

fergoose Sun 24-Jul-11 15:11:59

I agree I use it too, is good as it uses funds to pay for postage, and is quick and so much easier - but it is a shame you can't send items 2nd class using paypal postage.

prisonerofazkaban Sun 24-Jul-11 15:22:47

Sometimes if I'm really skint and have sold loads of stuff it's easier than having to use all my spare cash (hard times). The postage is paid for using the funds from the transaction so I don't have to worry about having enough money. I think the buyers also get a e-mail from Paypal saying that postage has been purchased so their parcel is on it's way.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now