Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

eBay excitement and question about books

(4 Posts)
TheSkiingGardener Fri 22-Jul-11 13:21:52

Eek, someone has bid on the first thing I've ever sold on there!

I may be over reacting slightly. However, I do have a tonne of books to sell, is eBay the best place to do it or is there somewhere better. Talking about Terry Pratchett books and other fiction mainly.

sixlostmonkeys Fri 22-Jul-11 14:23:22

you won't don't too well with run of the mill fiction. Job lots of Terry Practhett can do ok - have a look at completed items for the books you have. TP signs a heck of a lot of books so if you have an unsigned one it could be worth millions ;)

BertieBotts Fri 22-Jul-11 14:28:31

If something is light to post, amazon is sometimes better. They allow 2.75 for postage and the buyer pays this on anything, whether it's a massively heavy book or a small paperback.

However if you want them to go quickly, it might be better to offer bundles on ebay.

TheSkiingGardener Fri 22-Jul-11 21:13:27

Thanks. I just want to feel I've got something for them really. I'll have a look at Amazon.

Fundamentally I have spent 20 years hoarding crap stuff and now want to get something back from it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now