Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

How do you refund someone on ebay?

(4 Posts)
frazzle26 Thu 14-Jul-11 18:22:47

I thought I had refunded someone on ebay last week and I checked today and they have been sending me angrier and angrier emails asking for their money back (bear in mind the amount in question is £1.51!!). It's a genuine mistake as it's the first time I've had to do a refund and I thought I'd done it right by pressing refund. Should I have done something else?? I didn't have any money in my paypal account at the time and I thought it said it could take the money straight fron my bank account. Is this right??

fergoose Thu 14-Jul-11 18:34:05

log into paypal and find their payment - click on it and then scroll down and the refund button will be there.

You need credit in your paypal account first before you can refund, if you are not in credit, you will have to transfer money from your bank (takes a few days I think) and then refund them.

frazzle26 Thu 14-Jul-11 18:39:29

Thank you. I must have misunderstood because I thought that if you didn't have credit in your PP act it didn't matter as they would be able to take the money from your account. I will do that.

fergoose Thu 14-Jul-11 18:40:38

no - you have to have credit in your paypal account equal to or more than the refund you are making.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now