Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Refund Policy on Ebay

(10 Posts)
jammydoger Wed 13-Jul-11 23:06:05

I bought a bundle of 17 nappies, wraps & boosters that were described as "new" with a 3 that were "used but in good condition". The seller stated that they were not used but had been "washed to increase absorption" (sp). So anyway the listing ends with a bidding war and I win thinking that I've got a good deal for £63 plus P&P.

So they arrived this afternoon, discoloured, well worn and washed numerous times to the point that the care labels have disintegrated. A good number of them also have yellow urine staining on the inside!

I'm really p****d off firstly for being sold something not as described. And secondly the seller charged me £13.50 postage which only cost her £7.62... Cheeky cow!

I contacted her and she won't admit that they were not as described and said that there was absolutely no staining when she posted the items. confused She's now offered me a refund. But surely she should also cover the return postage costs? If i send it recorded, I'll still be up to a tenner down due to her dishonesty. hmm

AIB very U? I buy/ sell regularly on Ebay and only sell items that I would be happy to receive. angry

ThePrincessRoyalFiggyrolls Wed 13-Jul-11 23:11:31

I would be pretty fecking cross too, tell her that you want her to pay the postage! Or report her to ebay?

fergoose Wed 13-Jul-11 23:58:26

open a case with ebay - not as described

you will have to return them by online trackable means, ie courier, special delivery (recorded will be insufficient for that value) - you will give ebay that number to prove the seller has received them back

you will then get a refund of your full original payment - you can ask seller to give you your return post costs, but most will not

jammydoger Thu 14-Jul-11 14:48:22

Arggg Ebay!

So we've come to a stale mate. I've opened a case, called Ebay and told them that I refuse to incur further costs to return the nappies given that she has so obviously lied. And she won't reimburse the postage. angry

I mean who does that anyway? Sell a very obviously very used item as "new" and then say they weren't stained when she sent them! I mean the boosters have yellowish staining and unless I was born yesterday that can only mean a child shat in them! I guess it's my word against hers.

<rant over> hmm

Piffle Thu 14-Jul-11 14:54:35

I had this and got the seller to paypal me the postage in advance...
For a size 12 outfit that arrived as a 14
Ebay refunded me instantly and without me having returned it,
FYI
So you will get refunded and the onus to return is one the seller to front up the cots

aswellasyou Thu 14-Jul-11 14:55:58

I know, it's really irritating when you've done no wrong and you end up paying one way or another. I wonder if there's another refund route via PayPal.

jammydoger Thu 14-Jul-11 15:26:40

Piffle was this fairly recently? I looked into it, from what I can see Ebay/ Paypal can't force private sellers to pay return postage, unless you purchased from a business seller then I think different rules apply.

She basically responded this morning and said tough... If I wanted my money back then I should return the nappies first, which I would ordinarily be happy to swallow the cost if under £5.

aswellasyou I've looked into both...Paypal will only reimburse what I initially paid and not return postage.

I guess I'll find out in 10 days or so.

fergoose Thu 14-Jul-11 15:40:54

if you open the case with ebay and not paypal you may not have to return them but will get a no fault refund

when you choose what resolution you want select 'other' and write in refund

then escalate in 10 days

and don't forget to leave honest feedback with star markings too - if you don't leave markings on the stars it doesn't count against them, but 1 star markings do count (if that makes sense!)

FabbyChic Mon 18-Jul-11 19:56:52

eBay will not pay return postage either, but will give you a £5 voucher to spend on eBay.

You have to send back trackable too.

aswellasyou Mon 18-Jul-11 21:54:22

Fabby, how did you get a £5 voucher?! I've not had one when I've had to return items.sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now