Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Anyone buy things from China????

(3 Posts)
MrsVictorUbogu Mon 11-Jul-11 14:11:53

I have tried to buy six items from a Chinese seller (first time I've bought from outside the UK). The listing had prices in GBPs, but after I clicked the BUY IT NOW button, the prices went to US dollars. I received an invoice from the seller, prices in US dollars, written partly in Chinese characters, partly in ????????? (which I presume is my computer). I have tried emailing the seller, but just get more of the same. I emailed ebay customer services, but received no reply. This morning I spoke to ebay using the customer services chat, I was advised to get a translator.....but surely even a translator will not understand ???????. They also said they could take no action against the seller (fair enough, I don't want to either, just want to pay) and that I could just not pay, get an Unpaid Item strike, and that they will look at taking it off my account afterwards. I have emailed the seller one last time, explaining the situation, but don't hold out much hope so will probably have to just leave it unpaid.

Anyone else had this problem? How did you resolve it?
TIA

sg65 Mon 11-Jul-11 21:40:29

Hello,

I have bought lots of time from china some sites are better than others. I have paid when it stated us dollars which roughly convert to half the english pound. The only thing I would say is that they take an awful long time to arrive over a month. I once ordered ugg boots which took 3 months to arrive so my daughter was not impressed. If you have paid mark as paid and wait until they arrive check your bank details to see if you payment as been paid.

hope it works out ok

aswellasyou Tue 12-Jul-11 10:47:04

You could try using this to translate your email into their Chinese option (I don't know if it's Cantonese, Mandarin or something else though). They may not be able to understand English and don't know how to translate it.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: