Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Novice wanting to sell bulky items on eBay but live in remote area so no good for pick-up only

(8 Posts)
Millie1 Sat 09-Jul-11 14:07:25

Goodness, that was some thread title!!

I've got 2 wooden Svan highchairs, will have 1 cot and matching changing table and a couple of prams to sell but as we live in Northern Ireland, I don't expect much interest if I list these items as pick-up only.

How would experienced eBayers suggest that I go about selling them and, indeed, pricing delivery.

Many thanks.

Tryharder Sat 09-Jul-11 20:41:22

There's a lot of people in Northern Ireland though! And you could always list on eBay in Eire as well.

You would be surprised - people will travel quite long distances for things or get local friends/families to collect.

LunaticIsOnTheGrass Sat 09-Jul-11 20:45:48

A courier would be your best bet.

No idea which one - Maybe try the money saving expert forums for ideas smile

thisisyesterday Sat 09-Jul-11 21:04:26

i would list it as pick-up preferred but let them arrange a courier if they want to?

Millie1 Sat 09-Jul-11 21:24:08

Thank you! That sounds sensible - list on both eBays for pick-up with a line saying that purchaser is welcome to arrange own courier if they would prefer?

fergoose Sat 09-Jul-11 22:16:41

if they organise their own courier you still have the expense of packaging and then have to wait for pick up and also have no tracking number so buyer could pretend not to receive goods and do a chargeback and get a full refund

either organise courier yourself or pickup with cash on collection - anything else you are leaving yourself open to chargebacks and trouble

Millie1 Sun 10-Jul-11 21:59:49

Thanks Fergoose - that's a really good point. I don't mind packing the things up (did I say that hmm?) but it would be a much better idea to organise the courier myself. Cheers!

MovingAndScared Mon 11-Jul-11 16:16:47

I got my courier through links on moneysaving expert as well - not as expensive as you would think - and for prams and svan high chairs well work it

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now