Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Do I have to refund postage?

(5 Posts)
Aworryingtrend Tue 05-Jul-11 09:33:35

I sold an item on Ebay which the buyer claims is not as described. To be honest I think they are being overly picky/fussy about it but in the interest of good relations I will allow her to return it as I know I can easily sell it again. However she is asking that I also refund her the cost of postage for her retuning it to me. Am I obliged to do this? I would like to say no but unsure how to word it in a non-confrontational way.

Any ideas?

TIA

aswellasyou Tue 05-Jul-11 09:52:40

You have to refund the amount she paid you por the item and postage but not the cost of return postage. These are standard distance selling regulations.

Aworryingtrend Tue 05-Jul-11 09:57:20

Thanks Aswellasyou, thats good to know re: distance selling regs.

faintpositive Tue 05-Jul-11 10:04:24

yup you have to refund the postage.

sorry sad

fergoose Tue 05-Jul-11 10:37:50

a good seller should refund the return postage costs if the item is not as described.

the buyer is entitled to a full refund of their original payment, item price and outward postage cost.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now