Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Reasonable time to recieved payment

(4 Posts)
LaTook Mon 04-Jul-11 20:17:10

I've just sold a bouncer on eBay. Auction finished Sunday night 8pm, I sent an invoice that night just saying will ship within one working day of receiving payment. I atill haven't received any sort of communication or payment.

How long do I leave it? What do I do? I didn't put on the auction listing that payment should be recived by a certain date (eBay newbie emoticon)

The winner lives in Londonderry-I nearly had a heart attack when I found out as I didn't anticipate this and wondered if my courier charge would cover this but thankfully it does

The winner has no feedback which has made me a bit hmm since I've had no contact

Am I just being a bit too eager? It's just that if I was anticipating on winning an item Sunday night I would have been at the computer payin for the item so I could recieved it ASAP. I do realise I may be different to others in this respect but I do wonder how long to leave it. The winning bid was £19 if that means anything

fergoose Mon 04-Jul-11 20:36:33

wait 4 days and send a reminder, and then on day 7 open a non paying bidder dispute. Many buyers don't pay for a few days, is not unusual.

FabbyChic Mon 04-Jul-11 22:36:12

eBay automatically send a reminder after two days, you can open a non payment dispute on day FOUR not day SEVEN.

Some pay immediately, some the next day, however it is not unusual to wait three days for payment.

If the item is collection only then they pay on collection and in cash.

LaTook Tue 05-Jul-11 00:04:48

Thank you fabby and fergoose (I thought I had typed a message to you earlier fergoose but it's not here)

I'll see what happens over the next few days. I admit I'm being impatient! I think it's probably because the winner has no feedback so now I'm thinking it's dodgy (novice ebayer alert)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now