Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

weird buyer..

(23 Posts)
badmummy101 Mon 27-Jun-11 15:42:53

at the beginning of the month i sold a load of different lots, all clothes. posted everything away and left pos feedback.
on sat i recieved an email asking where the buyers 2 items were. i checked and the 2 items had not been paid. no i still have them. accidenlty i had done a job lot on the feedback and had already left pos for her. but i emailed and said i had not recieved payment. she said she had paid, so i checked directlly with ebay who confirmed it had not been paid. then then opened 2 unpaid item strikes for me.
the buyer has now paid for 1 item and is saying that until i send her a revised invoice for less postage on the other item, she wont pay.
i charged the right amount for the 2 items, so the combined postage will not be less for the 2 being sent together.
i now am really worried about sending her anything! she seems to me to have tried it on 2 times already.
once she has had an unpaid item thing sent through can she still leave neg feedback?
thanks.

Pang Tue 28-Jun-11 15:35:51

Don't send her something that she has not paid for. That's not how retail sales work. She can leave you negative feedback no matter what you do, but you can add a response/to the feedback you recieve.

fergoose Tue 28-Jun-11 16:59:09

I thought the whole point of combined postage was you pay for both items at the same time, thus saving paypal fees and saving postage by putting items in 1 parcel

If buyer pays separately, you have to post items separately

you could refund her original payment, and send a revised invoice for both items together with combined postage. And send recorded just in case by the way.

A buyer can't leave feedback if they have a non paying strike against them, but she can leave neg on the item she paid for even if you refund it.

I think whatever happens this will not end well, you could bend over backwards to her demands and still get 2 neg feedbacks.

badmummy101 Sun 17-Jul-11 12:54:18

ok, she claimed not to have recieved the items. either of them. and i had to refund.
now she has left shockingly bad feedback.
saying she paid twice and never recieved her item.
what can i reply?? how should i word it?

sixlostmonkeys Sun 17-Jul-11 13:09:31

(I rarely say this but) I'd contact ebay (live help maybe) about this one. They can clearly see that she hasn't paid twice and also the rest of her performance. Ask ebay's advice on how to proceed and if the feedback can be removed. Do you have the tracking number to prove they were delivered?

badmummy101 Sun 17-Jul-11 19:05:23

i did contact ebay, they said that it didnt break any feedback rules. i have postage proof, so i can claim the money back from the PO. but thats not my issue. its the bllody big red mark on my account!!!

fergoose Sun 17-Jul-11 19:09:31

just reply in a business like way - how you reply to feedback speaks volumes. Make no personal comments. What does her feedback say?

FlubbaBubba Sun 17-Jul-11 19:13:42

When I check feedback on people I'm buying from, if there's one negative in a whole bunch of positives, I assume it's a mistake on the part of the buyer, rather than the seller (often I click on the buyer's feedback score, and it often shows they've left crappy feedback for lots of people and therefore they are the 'bad egg' so to speak). Might be worth checking her feedback score and if it's crap, mention it in your response.

It's a bugger but won't stop people from buying from you again I wouldn't think.

fergoose Sun 17-Jul-11 19:19:37

I would just reply with 'did my best to make buyer happy, but nothing was good enough, sorry!'

or 'items posted immediately in good faith - sorry they got lost. Full refund issued'

No personal comments, don't refer to ebay, paypal, feedback anything. Just make sure your reply makes you look businesslike, happy to help or resolve problems, and a bit of humour goes a long way.

It is only a dot on a website - don't let it worry you.

fergoose Sun 17-Jul-11 19:21:32

sorry for double post - you sent 2 separate parcels and both got lost?

the buyer paid separately, so you did send separately didn't you?

FlubbaBubba Sun 17-Jul-11 19:23:49

I didn't mean make personal comments, but something like 'unreliable buyer' would be enough IMO.

fergoose Sun 17-Jul-11 19:29:34

no I wouldn't even say that - just makes seller look petty and childish.

FlubbaBubba Sun 17-Jul-11 19:36:19

Thanks fergoose!! hmm grin

fergoose Sun 17-Jul-11 19:51:02

it is only my opinion smile

FlubbaBubba Sun 17-Jul-11 19:57:18

smile

badmummy101 Tue 19-Jul-11 14:37:29

yes, she paid for 1 then said she wanted me to reduce postage so i would send together b4 she would pay for the other. but by then i couldnt as i knew i would have to post as 2 items, as she had paid for 2 things. if i had sent as 1 parcel i would have only had proof of 1 item being sent,( does that make sence?)
so yes i sent 2 parcels.

fergoose Tue 19-Jul-11 14:46:21

and buyer is claiming both of these items went missing!?

badmummy101 Tue 19-Jul-11 14:53:13

yes.

fergoose Tue 19-Jul-11 14:57:11

well all you can do is claim with royal mail for both lost items, and respond to the feedback buyer left you

sadly whatever you had done this buyer was always going to be awkward, is not your fault

what neg feedbacks did she leave for you?

Oh and if you haven't left her feedback yet, do so now. Just put 'both parcels lost in post - full refund issued immediately'.

badmummy101 Tue 19-Jul-11 14:58:11

she has put, paid twice for both items, never recieved either, terrible ebayer, avoid.

fergoose Tue 19-Jul-11 14:58:12

oh and add her to your blocked bidder list too

offer.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?BidderBlockLogin

fergoose Tue 19-Jul-11 15:10:41

ok - reply 'both items posted in good faith - full refund immediately given to buyer' for one and the other one say 'so sorry both the parcels were lost in the post - tried my best to resolve amicably'

or words to that effect.

Tryharder Mon 25-Jul-11 22:39:18

Your response was really good. The chances of both parcels getting lost in the post are very slim so any seller will see that and know that she is a thieving, lying bitch. smile

I had one like this. She paid by echeque and then sent me a snotty email before it had even cleared complaining that her item had not been received. I then sent the item the day after the cheque cleared and then - surprise, surprise, - the item got "lost" in the post.

I feel sorry for Royal Mail who are having to compensate people as a result of these liars.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now