Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

How to sell a signed Arsenal photo

(8 Posts)
Hippee Sun 26-Jun-11 15:48:04

My mother-in-law just won an authentic signed photo of the Arsenal Squad - it has the documentation to prove that it is genuine and was donated by someone who works for Arsenal. Has anyone any idea of the best way to sell something like this? I have no idea how much is likely to sell for, as there seem to be either signed shirts or individual signed photos (or ones where the signatures are printed).

Furball Sun 26-Jun-11 16:49:44

is it like this one?

Hippee Sun 26-Jun-11 19:00:41

Similar Furball, but it has the Arsenal name and crests at the top and a hologrammed sticker on it - and it has proper signatures not just pre-printed copies. I have seen signed photos of individual players selling for £50+ but haven't been able to find anything comparable for the whole squad (just the copied ones like that Ebay item).

MIL doesn't know we're trying to sell it for her - so we're hoping for as much as possible to surprise her (she didn't want the actual photo).

Chipotle Sun 26-Jun-11 19:13:09

Don't get your hopes up for megabucks. The squad haven't won anything this season, a considerable number if them will be off shortly possibly including big names such as Fabregas and Nasri. If they'd won something it would be different. I'm a disappointed fan, they're are many of us sad. If you put it on eBay expect anything between £80-140.

Hippee Sun 26-Jun-11 19:34:49

Chipotle - wasn't expecting a fortune so the price you quoted would be fantastic (now you've got my hopes up!) Just want something to give MIL a treat.

Hope Arsenal do better next season - they are our favourite Premier League club (waves from mid Division 1)

Chipotle Sun 26-Jun-11 20:08:28

Make sure you put in a reserve just in case; photograph it well including the authentication documents. Do you have good seller rating and feedback?

AgonyBeetle Sun 26-Jun-11 20:11:54

Be careful with this: if she won it from eg a raffle, it may have been donated wtih the condition that it is not sold for profit. So if you do sell it via a traceable means like ebay, that can have repercussions for the organisation where she won it, iyswim. Arsenal are quite generous with these photos for local church/school/charity raffles, but I know there is a proviso about them not being sold on. Might be worth finding out about this before you go ahead and list it (this may also be the reason you can't find loads of similar items listed).

Hippee Sun 26-Jun-11 20:27:24

Thanks AgonyBeetle - that's good to know. Nothing was mentioned about not selling on when the charity was given it, as the charity were kicking themselves that they had not Ebayed it themselves (they hadn't realised how valuable it might be) before mentioning it as a raffle prize. I'll ask the friend of the person at Arsenal who organised it to check.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now