Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Buyer's returned item even though I didn't agree to it...

(5 Posts)
WinterSnow Sat 25-Jun-11 14:28:05

I'm a business seller and sold 3 dresses (buy it now) to a customer in the US. She sent one of the dresses back as it didn't fit, I wasn't obliged to take it back as it was more than 7 days since she'd received it but I did anyway - and ended up losing £98 to customs charges!!!

Anyway she wrote to me about a week ago telling me she was returning another dress even though she'd had it for 3 weeks... I wrote and asked why (I was thinking along the lines of if it was faulty fine, but if she had just changed her mind - no way) but she never replied and this morning I got a letter from customs saying they have a package that they want to talk to me about which is also from her so she has returned it!!

What should i do? It is worth less now than when she bought it plus i may have to pay tax on the return.

SoupDragon Sat 25-Jun-11 14:30:01

Why are you having to pay customs/tax on returned goods?

WinterSnow Sat 25-Jun-11 14:33:48

Because she put on the front that it was worth £400 for some reason!!! It was new with tags so I guess they thought tax was due.. I've filled out a form for remission as you're not meant to be charge tax on returns but it's going to take 6 weeks shock

SoupDragon Sat 25-Jun-11 14:36:12

Yes, it was the fact that you had t pay tax on something that was actually yours raher than a purchase.

I would deny ever having received the second package. [naughty]

WinterSnow Sat 25-Jun-11 14:41:46

The thing is she has sent it recorded...

I'm only legally obliged to accept the return if the buyer opens a returns case within 7 days of recieving the item.

She could always say it wasn't as described, she has 45 days to open one of these cases.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now