Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Advice re second chance offer....

(3 Posts)
Mummalish Sat 25-Jun-11 08:41:52

Oh someone, please help me quick...

The story is: Sold an item, the auction ended on Wednesday. Sent invoice along with a note to buyer to please get in touch with payment and when they could collect. Was desperate to get rid of item. Sent another email with same details, heard nothing back. By friday I was wondering if it was a non payer, so I sent a second chance offer to the next highest bidder.

In the meantime, the original buyer got back to me and said they could collect item in the week. This morning I get an email from second chance offer guy who wants to collect this weekend.

What do I do?

I want item gone this weekend preferably, but don't want to get on wrong side of ebay.

If I tell original buyer I gave the item to someone else, will there be trouble?

fergoose Sat 25-Jun-11 11:22:54

yes the original buyer should have been given a week to pay and only after you had done a non payer dispute should you have sent a second chance offer to the under bidder.

If I were you I would sell to the original buyer - but I guess you will get a neg feedback from second chance offer buyer now though.

allthefires Sat 25-Jun-11 11:32:17

Also don't accept paypal for collection only. Leaves you open to a paypal dispute.cash only!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now