Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Item has been returned as not collected?

(4 Posts)
LoveBeingAbleToNamechange Fri 24-Jun-11 08:30:10

So at the weekend I receieved a message asking when I was going to send an item someone had won. I luckily now send everything recorded so was able to tell her it rm had tried to deliver on 8/6 and she should arrange redelivery asap as I wasn't sure how long they kept hold of recorded items. Well by the time she went to collect it it was already on it's way back to me.

So I presume I offer to resend at her cost? Of course there are no new packing costs so just charge the face value? Bit this will mean I lose out via paypal charges!

I feel a bit sorry for her as item only cost her 99p, should I offer to 'cancel' tranasaction although not actually as would need to keep the postage costs confused help!!!!!

Catsycat Fri 24-Jun-11 12:44:18

I'd offer her the option of what to do - does she want her 99p back, or to pay for re-posting + paypal fee. I would also ask if she received a card from RM to say they tried to deliver. If she did, and she ignored it, then it's really her fault that she will be out of pocket. If they didn't leave the card (which has happened to me before!) then it is up to RM to sort this one out and refund any money owing. That's what I would do anyway...

LoveBeingAbleToNamechange Mon 27-Jun-11 20:00:16

Cat she says she didn't have a card. What do you mean rm have to get involved?

scurryfunge Mon 27-Jun-11 20:04:49

I think that if her previous history is good I would re send the item at my cost as a gesture of good will.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now