Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Non-functioning iPhone, seller not responding to emails, help!

(8 Posts)
parentallyinept Tue 21-Jun-11 14:46:43

basically, against my better judgement, DP bought an iPhone 4 from eBay. It has arrived, and the handset will not sync to iTunes at all, which renders it pretty useless. My mac and his pc only recognise it as a hard drive, and won't open it at all. We contacted the seller about it, and have had no response. I'm getting quite concerned as it was very expensive, money which we can ill-afford. Where do we go from here?

(unfortunately, DP ignored all the 'rules' of ebaying being a bit of a newbie with it, and purchased it from a new seller with a feedback rating of just 2, both of which were from buying, not selling. I think he got caught up in the moment of it. I just hope it's not a hugely expensive mistake and lesson!)

fergoose Tue 21-Jun-11 15:16:00

just open a not as described case with ebay

contact.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ContactUsNextGen

you will have to send it back to seller via trackable means, so you can prove delivery online, such as recorded, courier or special delivery

you will then receive a full refund

parentallyinept Tue 21-Jun-11 20:18:30

Thank you for your help

parentallyinept Tue 21-Jun-11 20:58:56

Right, we've opened a dispute case with eBay. Do we need to do anything re paypal at this stage, as I know there is only a certain amount of time you can open a payment dispute with them. As we're talking in the region of £450, I don't want to leave things too late!

fergoose Tue 21-Jun-11 21:57:56

wait 10 days and then the option will be there within the dispute to escalate it to customer support

TragicallyHip Tue 21-Jun-11 22:08:33

He paid £450 for an Iphone on Ebay? shock

FabbyChic Tue 21-Jun-11 22:10:59

Just put in the dispute that the item is not working dont go into detail.

You must return to the address eBay give you via special delivery, I hope you paid direct from your My eBay.

You can buy a brand new iPhone 4 from Play.com for less than 450.00

parentallyinept Tue 21-Jun-11 22:27:25

Tell me about it!! Yes, thankfully he did pay direct from his eBay page. After the serious shouting he got from me I don't think he'll be making the same mistake again. I just hope we can get his money back!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now