Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

BIN option without BIN price??

(7 Posts)
Mimmit Mon 20-Jun-11 21:36:09

I am looking at an item with a reserve but no BIN option. The seller says he will consider a BIN if I contact him to discuss. Is this allowed? He also says he has had lots of interest. It is like he will be pushing for a high price to close a deal but I only have his word there has been such interest. There are currently no bids and the watch count is not that high.
How would you experienced ebayers approach this one? Any advice welcome!

whomovedmychocolate Mon 20-Jun-11 21:43:27

How do you know the watch count is not that high? confused

I would be wary. I had someone last week contact me (I was selling) asking for a BIN and I said no as I had lots of watchers and as it transpired it went for double his 'very generous offer' hmm

It's not strictly allowed because once bids have started he'd have to cancel them and then sell it to you 'off ebay' which means you get no paypal protection etc.

Mimmit Mon 20-Jun-11 21:50:30

Hi Whomoved. Thanks for such a quick response. Sorry I am probably using the wrong terminology but the counter at the bottom is low. Isn't that the number of people who have looked at it? I guess the watch count could still be high if all 30 have added it to their list!
I agree with you. Think as much as I like the item I am being put off by all this and would rather take my chances bidding in the normal way.
Glad you made double. Sticking to the rules and making more money- got to be good!
Thank you.

whomovedmychocolate Mon 20-Jun-11 21:51:45

That's the number of people who have looked at it - you can't have more watchers than the number of people who have looked at it!

Mimmit Mon 20-Jun-11 21:55:27

No sorry, babybrain! Guess I meant that. 30 people have looked so unless the majority have added it to their watch list (which is probably unlikely) I think he is overplaying the interest in it. The more I think about this the more alarm bells are ringing hmm

whomovedmychocolate Mon 20-Jun-11 21:57:19

Well if he's had lots of interest why would he offer a BIN price? You'd have to be daft to do that.

Mimmit Mon 20-Jun-11 22:00:39

You are absolutely right. Thank you - you have saved me a lot of bother! Think I should stick to selling else I risk spending all I make on more crap to clutter up the house essential purchases. grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now