Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

quick help

(5 Posts)
40winks Wed 15-Jun-11 21:27:36

Have just sold something on ebay and clearly stated in listing that item had scrapes and could email pics over to anyone who was interested.

The winning bidder didn't request pics and has no buying or selling history with Ebay.

They've just emailed asking me to confirm that the item has no scratches etc on it so I've emailed back copying and pasting the section of the listing that clearly states that there are a couple of scrape marks and to request photos etc.

There has now been another email requesting photos saying that she wants to see what she's buying.

At what point do i offer the item to someone else??

Marne Wed 15-Jun-11 21:33:57

Explain to her that she should have read the listing before bidding and asked for photo's before placing a bid. by bidding she has agreed to buying the item (no good asking questions now).

If she no longer wants the item then offer it to the next bidder or relist but make sure you report to e-bay (if relisting) so you can get your fees back).

jimswifein1964 Wed 15-Jun-11 21:36:32

I would email her the pics of the scrapes, and word a polite 'of course, here are the photos. As this appears to be your first ebay transaction, I thought it might help you (for future reference) to remind you that once you have placed a bid, you are committed to buying it - any questions must be asked before you bid, in the same way that you would look at something in a shop before you decide to buy it. Sometimes new ebayers take a while to find their feet, so if there is anything else you're unsure of, I'd be happy to help you. In the meantime, I look forward to receiving your payment, and will post your item asap after payment. Wecome to ebay smile '

40winks Wed 15-Jun-11 21:56:40

thank you both very much - i'm afraid i sounded more 'snotty' in my email even though I copied and pasted your sentences!

oh the stress.

jimswifein1964 Wed 15-Jun-11 22:38:03

Blimey, I've been c&p'd grin

I remember my first time on ebay, kind of failed to comprehend that I shouldnt bid on 2 of the same item at the same time incase I won both blush . Luckily, I only won one - but only paid £1 less than new once p&p added on ....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now