Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Just won a bike on Ebay but description says reserve of £90.

(8 Posts)
Tortoise Tue 14-Jun-11 11:38:59

It seems they didn't actually put a reserve on the listing and i have won it it for £70. But it the description it says reserve of £90.
Does this mean they can refuse to sell it to me? (Collection only)

They probably lowered the reserve but didn't update listing.

Tortoise Tue 14-Jun-11 11:43:18

I bid £55 a few days ago before there were any bids. And there was no 'reserve not met' then either. It's BN which is why they put a reserve. I guess they could have taken it off though.

fergoose Tue 14-Jun-11 12:00:58

they shouldn't refuse to sell it to you but they probably will. Just email and ask when you can collect and see what they say.

I guess they didn't put an actual reserve on to the auction, but stated it in the description only?

If that is the case they have made a mistake and should sell to you at the price you won at. But if they refuse all you can do is report them as a non performing seller. There is nothing you can do to force them to let you have it at that price - but if they refuse you then they will get a strike against them.

Tortoise Tue 14-Jun-11 12:53:21

Collection arranged for Friday. smile

fergoose Tue 14-Jun-11 13:00:58

excellent - I guess the seller didn't understand what reserve meant then?

Tortoise Tue 14-Jun-11 13:06:19

I don't know. I daren't mention it lol! They said got a bargain though. grin Was £180 new and it has never been used.

fergoose Tue 14-Jun-11 13:11:11

excellent - love a bargain. well done. I agree keep schtum smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now