Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Do most people leave feedback, do you think?

(19 Posts)
kitkatya Fri 10-Jun-11 21:10:36

I sold a couple of Boden items this week and they had been worn only once. They went for a bargain. I really thought I would get some kind of feedback. At least just to acknowledge that they had been received. Ive heard nothing though. I always leave feedback and really thought everyone else did.

Ooopsadaisy Fri 10-Jun-11 21:12:56

I always do.

I rely on feedback about the seller when I decide to purchase so hope others do to.

Dumbledoresgirl Fri 10-Jun-11 21:17:01

No, ime, people don't always leave feedback. I sold 3 items the other week and only 2 people left feedback. It does make me wonder why some people don't leave feedback, as the only time I did not leave feedback was when I was cross with the seller but didn't think it quite warranted negative feedback so I just left none. I do wonder if people are cross with me, even though I am scrupulous about what I sell. I guess some people just can't be bothered.

LawrieMarlow Fri 10-Jun-11 21:20:45

Sometimes I forget - not out of any conscious decision to not leave feedback but the parcel comes and then I do something else and the intention to leave feedback goes blush

This thread has inspired me to go and check if I need to leave any feedback smile

kitkatya Fri 10-Jun-11 21:24:11

I know what you all mean. Im so on the ball posting items but, some of the addresses!! I guess they would be quick enough to contact me if they didnt receive them.

LawrieMarlow Fri 10-Jun-11 21:28:24

I have just left feedback that I didn't realise I hadn't left IYSWIM

<hopes the sellers aren't Mumsnetters>

kitkatya Fri 10-Jun-11 22:14:46

It wasnt me, kind of wish it was! smile

aswellasyou Fri 10-Jun-11 22:49:59

I used to always forget to leave feedback to be honest. Until I started selling, it hadn't occured to me that sellers would be bothered if I didn't do it. I've changed my ways now!

kitkatya Sat 11-Jun-11 13:11:58

Got one back!! It would be funny if they'd been reading this!

moomoo1967 Mon 13-Jun-11 13:24:31

I've sold 65 items the past three weeks and only 14 people have left feedback. Also when do people generally leave feedback, I usually wait until the buyer has left their feedback so that at least that way I know that they have received the item.

kitkatya Mon 13-Jun-11 14:35:47

Im the opposite. I leave feedback as soon as they have paid to encourage them to leave it when they receive the item!!

Not that it worksw. 14 people out of 65? thats just rude.

fergoose Mon 13-Jun-11 14:39:52

i leave feedback for buyers when I post the item. I dispatch within 24 hours anyway, and leave feedback along the lines of thank you for your payment, your item's in the post.

PinotGrigiosKittens Mon 13-Jun-11 15:33:01

Agree with fergoose, it should come from the seller first (assuming buyer has paid in good time etc). About a third of my items have received feedback. Bastards! wink

fergoose Mon 13-Jun-11 15:35:58

I'm not that bothered whether I receive it from a buyer to be honest - is nice to get, but it is voluntary and so many people just can't be fussed to leave it.

PinotGrigiosKittens Mon 13-Jun-11 15:38:25

I just like to bump up my ratings. If I've sold 200 items I'd like to have a rating of 200 iyswim.

sixlostmonkeys Mon 13-Jun-11 16:45:22

It's best to leave feedback at the end of the transaction. For a buyer that's when they have received the item and are happy with it and for a seller it's when they know that the buyer has received it and is happy.
No point leaving it when the buyer has paid as that is just the start of the transaction and anything can go wrong afterwards - and feedback should represent the entire transaction (not just the speed the buyer clicked on the pay button)

Feedback is optional though and not worth chasing. A buyer will soon let you know if they have any problems so no news is good news.

Portabledoor Tue 14-Jun-11 08:48:08

I don't leave fb until after a buyer has because like sixlostmonkeys said its not just about how quickly they paid but also about how much of a pain in the arse they have been afterwards grin

I like leaving FB afterwards because it means the buyer def got the item and that they are happy, they know I can't leave neg FB but I can leave honest FB so if it might make them think twice before making a fuss over nothing because if there is a real problem they will leave neg FB whether or not you have left fb.

also I also leave fb as a buy and I dont care if the seller has first or not.

fergoose Tue 14-Jun-11 09:06:06

but if you leave a negative comment for a buyer on a positive rating it will be removed as this is not allowed.

moomoo1967 Tue 14-Jun-11 09:24:12

I do agree with sixlostmonkeys and its now 21 feedbacks out of 65 so approx a 1/3 smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now