Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Please help! Has my account been hacked?

(7 Posts)
boogiewoogie Fri 10-Jun-11 20:27:56

I'm selling an item at the moment. Just checked its progress and there's a bid on it (good). What worried me was a revision to the listing at the bottom at 16:55 today which I haven't made! There is an auctiva items for sale scroll bar there. I've not used auctiva in a long time!

What should you do if you suspect your account has been hacked into.

fergoose Fri 10-Jun-11 20:46:10

if you had an auctivia account set up previously it will add itself to your listing - so no not been hacked

boogiewoogie Fri 10-Jun-11 20:52:53

It's never done this before though and I didn't use auctiva to create the listing either. Bit confused.

fergoose Fri 10-Jun-11 20:54:59

have you got an auctivia account? if so it must be linked to your ebay?

fergoose Fri 10-Jun-11 20:55:49

sorry double post - does this help?

community.ebay.co.uk/thread.jspa?threadID=900137945&rw=true&anticache=1307735709800

thisisyesterday Fri 10-Jun-11 20:57:11

if your account had been hacked it's unlilkely you'd be able to access it
and also... why would someone hack it and add an auctiva scroll bar on?? lol

still, just check that you can access your account and nothing else odd has appeared (check your buying and sellings lists) and then change the password just to be on the safe side

boogiewoogie Fri 10-Jun-11 21:06:50

Well, apart from that, nothing else has happened like money going out or bids that I haven't made. Okay, probably being a bit paranoid but thanks for reassuring me and posting all the same.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: