Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Can a buyer see that you have marked an item as despatched ?

(6 Posts)
moomoo1967 Fri 10-Jun-11 11:10:06

or would it be courtesy to advise each buyer when I have despatched an item ?

DinosaursHateUnderpants Fri 10-Jun-11 11:13:14

Yes they can see if they look at bought items and they will also get an automated email from ebay telling them that it has been dispatched.

mysteryfairy Fri 10-Jun-11 12:16:33

When you look in purchase history there is an icon which shows you if the item has been updated or not.

I have never had an automated email to tell me an item has been dispatched though.

I always drop a quick personal email to the buyer once something is in the post on the assumption it's likely to get me more stars for communication.

moomoo1967 Fri 10-Jun-11 14:35:19

Thanks

DinosaursHateUnderpants Fri 10-Jun-11 16:45:29

Since they removed the option to bulk email buyers your own personal emails they now send an automated message - or they say that they do - you can still email your buyer if you want to though but it has to be individually. Bulk emailing and standard message templates were removed from June 1st.

moomoo1967 Sat 11-Jun-11 22:19:26

Thanks for that

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: