Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Proof of postage, buyer saying not delivered

(3 Posts)
shufflebum Wed 08-Jun-11 14:44:35

I posted some childs removable wall stickers last week and got proof of postage. My buyer is saying he has had a card from the post office to say he owes them postage of £2.72 for this item. This is more than I paid to post it. I went into my local post office and they said it is possible that the postage label has come off and I just have to refund him the additional charge. Is this correct? If so why bother getting proof of postage? I can't find any info on royal mail's website.

fergoose Wed 08-Jun-11 15:58:47

there will be a £1 handling charge on top of what is short - was the postage £1.72?

If the label came off and it is Royal Mail's fault then I would have thought you could claim back from them?

shufflebum Wed 08-Jun-11 16:29:42

Yes the postage was £1.72, I wondered why it was more. I guess I'm just going to have to ring customer services and resign myself to being on hold for the next hour!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now