Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Seller has 'lost' item

(11 Posts)
IndridCold Tue 07-Jun-11 10:49:05

I bought an item last week and paid for it. The seller has just emailed me to say that she has lost it and has refunded me, but I am still really pissed off. AIBU to leave neutral feedback?

nethunsreject Tue 07-Jun-11 10:50:11

Yes, yabu.

springbokscantjump Tue 07-Jun-11 10:50:12

Neutral feedback? I would stretch so far as negative feedback. But am in a grumpy mood today.

cleverything Tue 07-Jun-11 10:50:28

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Tobermory Tue 07-Jun-11 10:52:45

I think YAB a bit U
Accidents happen, she's refunded you, problem solved. I think no feedback would be more reasonable than neg/neutral.

Mummagumma Tue 07-Jun-11 11:04:57

Did you get it at a really low price? My first thought was that the vendor doesn't want to let the item go for the price you paid and is telling a little fib.

IndridCold Tue 07-Jun-11 11:07:44

Ooh, is neutral that bad then? She is an experienced ebayer and the problem is I feel grumpy about it 'cos I don't really believe that she did lose it, I think she just got a better price from a mate or something.

I have been in contact with her and her attitude seemed to be that IWBVU to be annoyed that she had lost my item, so that rubbed me up the wrong way too.

IndridCold Tue 07-Jun-11 11:08:54

X post with mummagubba - yes it was a good bargain, and that's what I think too...

Tobermory Tue 07-Jun-11 11:14:48

O I see.
I had assumed that she would be very apologetic in her communications with you. Not so?

A similar thing happened to me you see, but I was the seller. I had listed something, relisted a couple of times before it sold and found it wasn't in the box where all my eBay stuff is stored. I was very apologetic to my buyer because I couldn't follow through with my half of the deal. My buyer however was grumpy with attitude.

fergoose Tue 07-Jun-11 12:13:54

wait and see if she relists it first

if she does, she clearly didn't get enough for the item. I think you could then justifiably leave her a neg.

IndridCold Tue 07-Jun-11 15:49:03

Thanks for all the comments gals! Having calmed down a bit read through her previous feedback I've decided to give her the benefit of the doubt. I am still disappointed as I really wanted the item.

Fergoose - I'll definitely be watching her listings for a while tho'.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: