Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

I'm really confused, someone help me please!

(10 Posts)
saoirse86 Tue 07-Jun-11 10:30:06

So I sold an item and the buyer hadn't paid so opened an unpaid item case. They paid on the 4th day (so just before I could close and they'd get a strike) and sent me a message saying to post to this address in france.

I was a bit confused because I have my settings so that people without a UK address as their primary address can't bid as I don't post abroad. So I checked the paypal transaction and in the confirmed address it says

".
thank you for contacting me, this isn't the right adress
FRANCE, London
[UK postcode]
United Kingdom"

I replied saying I don't post abroad and it says so on the listing. I've asked her if she'll send me a UK address or if she wants me to cancel the transaction. It's been 2 days and she hasn't replied yet.

I thought that I might just send her a cancellation request as it seems she probably doesn't have a UK address, but I can't work out how to do it. The resolve a problem option isn't there. Is that because there's already been a case opened and closed? Or because she's paid? How do I do it? And do I need to refund the money through paypal first or will it happen automatically when she accepts the cancellation?

TIA

fergoose Tue 07-Jun-11 11:06:52

You will then need to cancel the transaction via ebay

saoirse86 Tue 07-Jun-11 11:52:49

So I need to refund it first? And then will the option to cancel the transaction appear somewhere?

fergoose Tue 07-Jun-11 12:12:42

yes refund it first through paypal. you will then need to log into ebay to cancel the transaction

pages.ebay.co.uk/help/sell/cancel-transaction-process.html

saoirse86 Tue 07-Jun-11 12:29:19

That hasn't worked. I've refunded the money but the option to cancel hasn't appeared. I followed your link and requested the cancellation but it says "You can't open this cancel transaction case. Our records indicate a case was closed for this transaction."

I suppose I'll just have to leave it at that. It's just so annoying that she's getting round the non-UK bidder thing using a UK postcode on PayPal but I don't get my fees back. angry

fergoose Tue 07-Jun-11 12:34:54

oh right seeing as you already have done a non payer case it won't let you open a different case and cancel it now.

Make sure you add her to your blocked bidder list.

aswellasyou Tue 07-Jun-11 12:43:04

fergoose, can I ask a related question? One buyer bought two items from me. She wasn't happy with one of them so she returned it and I refunded her. But because she paid for the two together, it's showing as a partial refund. How do I cancel one of the transactions to get my fees back? It's not helping that my computer's playing up and only showing pages in html!

saoirse86 Tue 07-Jun-11 12:46:56

Can't you use that link above with the item number?

aswellasyou Tue 07-Jun-11 12:47:01

I've worked it out!

aswellasyou Tue 07-Jun-11 12:49:53

It wasn't showing the item numbers because of the whole html thing (I think your child broke it!). I went into the item, clicked on 'resolve a problem' and it put the item number in for me.
When are you coming to pick me up? We're both ready to go for a change. Except that Imara's asleep and making cute noises.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: